Sunday 15 May 2011

Tick

Some rare time off allowed me the opportunity to do a bit of shopping, something I haven't done properly in quite a while. I anticipated yet another unsuccessful outing, but I was pleasantly surprised. I picked up this beautiful angora (blend?) jumper. It is the most perfect jumper ever. The neckline is beautiful, but what I like most is that it doesn't have that thick band around the bottom that most jumpers do. I find this really unflattering. I also bought APC loafers but I have decided to exchange them for some blue suede Repettos.

Terrible picture I know, but a full shot does it no justice!

Buying another class items makes me realize I am finally making progress on that elusive search for the perfect wardrobe. I also have come to the conclusion that I am nearly done when it comes to shoes. Just some nice sandals and winter boots and I am finished...in theory anyway.

Somewhat luckily given I've just bought a jumper, the weather isn't great and a lightweight coat/jacket is still needed. I've seen this one (Maje) that I like. They did an amazing wool coat in a similar style last winter that I loved, so I am tempted by this one. It also comes in navy. Thoughts?

18 comments:

  1. The Chanel and Ferragamo flats are really lovely. You should post a photo of the blue suede Repettos too! The coat is nice, though I personally don't like coats with hoods since they are uncomfortable when I sit against something (like a bus seat, for example). Also wondering how tough it would be to do up the buckles if you wanted to button up your jacket in a hurry? I do like the cut and the deep pockets though, and the color is great for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoe collection is perfection.
    I have been very tempted by the Liberty collection for Nike - torn between the pair you have and the floral pair. I have a feeling the ones you have would fit in with my wardrobe much better than the floral ones, which would be beautiful to look at on my shoe rack... which isn't a good enough reason to buy them!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your shoes are all so perfect! I really like the coat, where is it from? a hood may come in handy from random showers, but I like the look of hoods anyway. Those Repetto's sound so nice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all pppppretty fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Maje, it's sad that I have no access to it. That coat is gorgeous, I'm not sure there is anything I would change about it- they use great fabrics too, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That coat is perfect! I really love this mini version of a duffle coat. I'd go for the camel version as I'm not sure about the contrasting buckles of the navy coat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous sweater and I love the flats. I also spotted the Kara's tree Liberty print trainers..I blogged about them a few weeks ago!x

    http://millyfellintothewardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shoe collection! The Repetto's sound pretty great as well. I really want to get a black pair this summer, but I'm still a bit in doubt. I'm not sure if I can justify the price, since my flats usually last only one(maybe two) seasons.
    I like the coat, but I'm not sure how I feel about the buckles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shoes collection is splendid and navy is always best for a coat! I'm following x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love the look of that jumper (it looks so beautifully snuggly and soft) and that Maje coat - I'm thinking of getting one almost exactly the same by Mulberry this season in black or grey.

    And your shoe collection is just lovely - oh how I wish I'd bought those Marant boots!

    Hope all is well lovely

    Briony xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have officially fallen in love with your blog. I'm so jealous that you managed to get a hold of those marant booties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you mentioned winter boots, what about the acne pistol short boots?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to see new posts of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. are you ever going to update again? ; )

    ReplyDelete