Thursday 14 October 2010

Purchases

Its been one of those times where you just cannot find anything you want to buy. So instead of searching for something 'new', I'm buying the things that I have wanted for ages but not been able to afford or make a decision about! Firstly I have wanted Repettos for so long. They symbolize the perfect classic French ballet flats. To make things a little interesting I went for metallic - still very wearable, but a slight change from my usual black. They are not exactly sturdy, but they are incredibly comfortable.
And I have never had proper luggage, so I went for classic Lonchamp. Its not very big so it certainly forces me to pack light. It can be fitted on top of their wheely suitcases, so that is on the list for the future.
So what is next? It may well be the Isabel Marant boots I have drooled over for so long. I have finally found somewhere in London to get them.

10 comments:

  1. Great purchases. It feels rewarding when you buy things you need- I did that when I went to Paris last, and it felt very fulfilling. I have a pair of silver Repetto's, I can't even remember when they were so fresh and new like your picture! I've had them for about 2-3 years- they are still going, even though my dog chewed up the inside (fixed by my cobbler) and they are scuffed up. I just bought a black pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shape is so perfect..and i am sure they would look great with black tights...How is your search for outerwear going? I am in need of a short coat (I hate long coats) or jacket but there is nothing I really want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what great purchases!!! (oh i was debating whether or not to get some silver or gold derbies...they look so cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie - Its good to hear that they are long lasting. Did you get them resoled at all? Im thinking I do kind of need them in every colour now!

    a. - The hunt for outerwear continues :( I think I badly need to upgrade my trench coat. Atm I have a Zara kids one (haha) so to get a nice one would make a big difference.

    If Jane - Thanks :) Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Repetto's! Are they supremely comfy, if not sturdy?

    Briony xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The repetto's look lovely. I've been dreaming of a pair for a long while now! I love their jazz shoes too.

    I'm also saving for the Isabel Marant boots!

    herribbonsandherbows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I buy a pair of black Repettos every summer, they are essential to me. I'm debating getting the low Marant boots as well..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wear Repettos all the time! You can have them topy soled and that makes them last twice as long, especially when you pop an insole on the inside to keep them nice and fresh as well.

    Loving the longchamp, and I'm very pleased to have discovered your blog!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely purchases, the bag is fantastic! And those repetto flats...perfect ♥ I still want a pair of my own so badly but I can't seem to find them anywhere..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great purchases! I have 2 pairs of repettos and always regret not getting them in red patent leather at 50% off!

    ReplyDelete