Tuesday 29 June 2010

SW19

This is a little off topic but hopefully there are some other tennis fans reading this. I am obsessed with tennis, and my favourite time of year is the two weeks in which Wimbledon falls. I have been lucky enough to go to the tournament for the last couple of years, and here is a photo summary of my day yesterday.

It began with an early start and a long walk to go and sit in a queue for 4 hours. Despite arriving so early there were still 6900+ people in front of us. It was also one of the hottest days, so it was a real test of stamina and commitment!
This picture doesn't do any justice to how long the queue was!
But it was all worth it once we got to the Aorangi practice courts and spotted my idol Rafael Nadal practicing! I absolutely adore him, not only is he insanely talented but he is also very nice and humble.
And I even got my ticket signed by him!
Rafa and his team (l-r: Rafa, Uncle Toni, his doctor, Rafel Maymo)
The queues for all the courts were so long and the heat was pretty unbearable so we only really watched a bit of a doubles match between Tommy Robredo and Marcel Granollers (ESP) v Ram and Knowle. I don't think I had seen a doubles match live before, so it was nice to finally watch one.
Centre court!
And this is from the weekend, a delicious meal - cod goujons followed by chocolate fondant. My friend had the creme brulee which was soo good.

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! And how great is it that you got to see Nadal? If I ever were to see Federer I would probably faint (yes I know how pathetic that is). I was hoping I would have enough time to go to Wimbledon when I was in London last weekend, but unfortunately that didn't work out. I suppose there's always next year? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not pathetic at all! I almost fainted when I saw Nadal. It is definitely worth a visit, theres such a great atmosphere, and the players are everywhere :) Its just the queueing thats the horrible bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, Miss Moll Cherie. I have just discovered your blog and am totally in love with it! Your pics of all the gorgeous clothes and shoes are just awesome; thanks loads for sharing.
    I was then very happy to find this post. We are comrades! I have been to SW19 for two years in a row and enjoyed the games to the hilt. I didn't get Nadal's autograph, but Berdych and Zvonareva's are not bad at all, no?

    ReplyDelete